Frequently Asked Questions:
Where are your boots made?
- Our boots are made in our small factory in the Pacific Northwest.
Are you open for visitors?
- No, unfortunately we are not.
What is the difference between Built to Order, Made to Order and Ready Made boots?
- Built to Order boots are stock makeups that are built after they are ordered, and no customizations can be made to these. We offer Made to Order boots about once a month or so, and these are in a specific leather, wherein many different elements can be customized -- there is a resulting 12 week lead time. Ready Made boots are built and ship in two to three business days.
How long will it take for me to receive my boots?
- All standard stock orders (Built to Order) have an estimated lead time of 6-8 weeks for production, at this time, prior to shipping. All of our MTO boots (custom, Made to Order) have an estimated lead time of up to 12 weeks for production.
If you have purchased a Ready Made order, or have a purchase with a lead time of 2-3 business days, your order will ship within 2-3 business days and you will receive a shipping notification with tracking information.
If you have received a shipping notification and are experiencing issues with tracking, please allow 24-48 hours for the tracking to update with the carrier. If you continue to experience issues with tracking, please reach out to us with your current tracking information and shipping address.
How are your boots made?
- Our boots are made using Goodyear welted construction. All our soles are stitched on and midsole and uppers are nailed to a leather insole. Adhesive is used in addition, but never as the only method of attachment.
Are you able to resole a pair of boots?
- Yes, our boots are fully reconstructible. Resoles can be done multiple times.
What size would I be in your boots?
- Please refer to our Sizing Guide, and if you're still unsure fill out our sizing form at the bottom of the page.
From where are your materials sourced?
- Our leathers come from the U.S., Italy, and the U.K. Additional other materials come from the same areas. We always look to find the highest quality of materials globally, but try to stay as local as possible when the quality is comparable.
Do you ship internationally?
- Yes, we ship worldwide using Fedex and USPS.
How do returns work? What if I order the wrong size?
Are Truman boots and shoes sold in retail stores?
- We have a small list of retailers around the world that carry our products. Please visit our "Retailers" page to find the most up-to-date list of those that carry Truman.
If my order includes boots and other accessories, will they all ship together?
- In this scenario, your order will normally ship together once your boots are ready. If you'd like your accessories before then, we can arrange a separate and speedier delivery. Just shoot us an email at email@example.com
Can I make changes after I've placed my custom MTO order?
- In order to maintain our timelines, we do not allow for any changes to be made to MTOs after they have been placed.
- Custom, MTO boots can be exchanged for another size if the leather is still available, or returned for store credit.
- Discounts codes can not be used on sale items.